“Committed to Our Future…Inspired by Our Past.”
Tips to Prevent Frozen Water Pipes/Meters
With extremely cold weather in the forecast, we wanted to offer you some tips on how to prevent your water meter and pipes from freezing. Frozen pipes and a frozen water meter can be very costly to repair so preventative measures are highly recommended. Please review the list of suggestions below to help ensure that you do not experience lack of running water, or broken or frozen pipes.
- Let cold water drip from the faucet – this helps prevent pipes from freezing because the temperature of the water running through it is above freezing.
- Disconnect outside water hoses – If left connected in freezing temps, water in the hose will freeze and expand causing connecting faucets and pipes to freeze and break.
- Open kitchen and bathroom cabinet doors to allow warmer air to circulate around the plumbing. (Move any harmful cleaners and household chemicals up out of the reach of children)
- Use heat tape – Heat tape is a cord or heat cable with encased electrical wire that when plugged in regulates the temperature around plastic or metal pipes.
Notice of Public Hearing
Notice is hereby given that the Council of the Village of Breckenridge will hold a public hearing on February 23, 2015 and March 23, 2015 at 7:00 p.m. for open discussion on the 2015 Water Infrastructure Upgrades Project and the Water-Sewer rate structure and fees. These hearings will be held at the Fire Hall located at 513 E. Saginaw Street, Breckenridge, Michigan. Further information on this subject matter may be secured at the office of the Village Clerk.
Notice to Village of Breckenridge Residents
Combined Public Hearing on the Property Tax Millage Rate and the 2015-2016 Budget Presentation
- The Breckenridge Village Council will hold a Public Hearing on Monday, February 23, 2015 at 7:00 p.m. at the Breckenridge-Wheeler Twp. Fire Hall located at 513 E. Saginaw Street, on the proposed 2015-2016 Budget.
- The property tax millage rate proposed to be levied to support the proposed budget will be the subject of this hearing.
- Copies of the proposed budget are available for public inspection at the Village Office, located at 104 E. Saginaw Street, Breckenridge from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday.
- Public comments, oral or written, are welcome at this hearing on the proposed Property Tax Millage rate and the 2015-2016 budgets.
Press Release from Mid Michigan Waste Authority
As of January 1, 2015 MMWA’s curbside residential recycling program has been upgraded to include more materials and eliminate sorting requirements. You may view the complete press release from MMWA by opening the following link:
For more information about MMWA’s Recycle-Motion program and to view the trash and recycle pick -up schedule please view the link below: